Texas NHRA FallNationals
Event 20 of 22
Countdown Event 4 of 6
Oct. 14-16, 2022
Countdown to the Championship Ranking: 5th
Dallas Event Highlights:
- Two-time event champion (2012, 2016)
- 2016 No. 1 qualifier
2021 Dallas Recap:
Qualified seventh; First round exit (defeated by Doug Kalitta in E1)
Last Event (St. Louis):
Qualified ninth; First round exit (defeated by Clay Millican in E1)
19 races; three wins
480 races; 71 wins (16 Pro Stock Motorcycle); 49 No. 1 qualifiers (11 PSM)
- Brown and the Matco ‘Tools for the Cause’ team will begin the FallNationals ranked fifth, but only 43 points out of first as they look to make a move back up toward the top of the Camping World Series point standings
- Brown and his AB Motorsports team have cemented their place in the championship conversation by racing to victory at three of the last six events (Topeka, Kan., Indianapolis, Charlotte)
- For the second time in three races, Brown will campaign the bright pink ‘Tools for the Cause’ livery. This October paint scheme helps to support Matco’s ‘Tools for the Cause’ initiative with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF):
- Throughout October, 15% of the sales from select TFC items sold will be donated directly to BCRF
- Since ‘Tools for the Cause’ began in 2012, Matco has donated over two million dollars to breast cancer research
- The Breast Cancer Research Foundation is a nonprofit organization committed to achieving prevention and a cure for breast cancer. They provide critical funding for cancer research worldwide to fuel advances in tumor biology, genetics, prevention, treatment, metastasis, and survivorship.
- Antron Brown will join a long list of NHRA Camping World Series competitors for the Texas NHRA FallNationals ‘Stampede of Speed’ Fanfest in downtown Waxahachie on Thurs., 10/13, from 7 – 9 p.m.
- The event is free and open to the public
- On Saturday, Brown will join his Toyota Gazoo Racing teammates for an autograph session at the Toyota Midway display from 10:30 – 11 a.m.
“Ready to go and get the big Stampede of Speed started. We’ve got three races left and we find ourselves right there in the thick of things, and this weekend will be a crucial race for us. The temperature is going to be hot, and we’re looking forward to that challenge. It’s not going to be dropping low E.T.s and running in the 3.60s. Normally, our Countdown races are in prime, throwdown conditions, so to have this hot one in the Countdown is kind of a curveball. The track is usually really good at the Motorplex so even if it’s hot, we should still be able to make some good runs. Our focus is to qualify well, put our Matco ‘Tools for the Cause’ car in the top five on the ladder, and set ourselves up for race day. We’re very eager, very hungry, and ready to go into this race. We’re poised, but it’s time to be in attack mode. We live for these big ‘make or break’ moments, and I believe these are the moments where our team will shine.”