Event 3 of 24 (Gainesville)
March 13-15, 2020
- Antron Brown made his NHRA debut at the 1998 event, competing in Pro Stock Motorcycle
Gainesville Event Highlights:
- 2013 event champion
- Four-time runner-up:
- Top Fuel: 2010, 2014, 2017
- Pro Stock Motorcycle: 2006
- Two-time No. 1 qualifier:
- Top Fuel: 2010
- Pro Stock Motorcycle: 2001
2019 Gainesville Recap:
Qualified fifth; First round exit (defeated by Richie Crampton)
Last Event (Phoenix):
Qualified 13th; Semifinal finish (defeated Terry McMillen in E1, Justin Ashley in E2; defeated by Doug Kalitta in E3)
Two round wins; ranked seventh in points
432 races; 66 wins (16 Pro Stock Motorcycle); 49 No. 1 qualifiers (11 PSM)
- Made his NHRA debut at the 1998 event, competing in Pro Stock Motorcycle
- Campaigning a special one-off livery to promote Matco Tools MOTOR Information Systems
- About Matco Tools MOTOR Information Systems:
- MOTOR Information Systems recently announced a partnership with Matco Tools, a leading manufacturer and distributor of quality professional automotive repair tools, diagnostic equipment and toolboxes, which enables customers to now purchase MOTOR’s collection of manuals and guides exclusively from Matco’s nearly 2,000 distributors.
- For nearly 100 years, MOTOR has published a wide variety of repair manuals and guides for auto repair shops.
- For the first time in its history, those manuals and guides will be delivered through a new distribution network: Matco Tools.
“Gainesville is always a big race for us; we love going there. I just remember being there as a kid and seeing Kenny Bernstein, the ‘king of speed,’ break the first 300-mph barrier out there. I’m really looking forward to racing in Gainesville after our outing in Phoenix. Our team is headed in the right direction of being where we want to be, so I’m excited to get out there with our brand-new chassis that we had built at DSR. We’re also bringing out a new livery – the MOTOR Information Systems car exclusively brought to you by Matco Tools. It’s looking really cool, and MOTOR is a catalog book that is a service manual for any type of car. You can buy it from the Matco Tools trucks, so it’s another great tool that Matco brings to the table, and I feel honored to be bringing it out. Hopefully, we can sizzle to our first win of the season in the MOTOR car.”